This day is particularly special because it’s my birthday (Jan. 3rd)! As an 8-year-old little girl, I pulled my twirl dress on, barely having time to let my mom tie the bow at my waist, before running off to finish decorating for my birthday party. Every year I was able to have a “big party” (this involved inviting more than one friend), I planned my whole celebration – the cake, the plates, the balloons, the games-. Everything. The whole year built up to this moment I had been planning for. Now, it may seem like I was stuck on myself, but really, I just enjoyed planning the party in a way that would make my guests feel special.
Fast forwarding to now, my 26th birthday, I don’t throw a huge party anymore to celebrate, but I do enjoy making guests feel welcome in my home all through the year. Over the years of my life, I have learned a lot and plan to keep that trajectory.
In my 26 years, some of the things I’ve learned/am learning…
- Celebrate the Little Things
- Emotions are like waves, they come and go, but it’s what you do with them that really matters.
- Learning about who you are is important, but it’s not a destination.
- Love everyone – we all made mistakes
- Courage takes guts, keep going anyway
- Relationships take effort, but they’re totally worth it
- To have friends, you have to be a friend…and it’s not always reciprocated.
- Healing comes to those who seek it.
Looking to this new year, I am excited for what’s to come, both with Three Lime Pines and the journey that God has me on. So glad you are part of this journey too!